The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Student Association is to support your child.
There are many other advantages to join PTSA:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
For less than 3 cents a day, you can become a PTA member, joining more than 4 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association. ~from National PTA website.
There are many ways to donate to Hyde PTSA and depending how how you donated, you will need different information for tax filing.
1. If you donated online to our campaign at https://tinyurl.com/HydePTSADonate, our fundraising partner for online donations this 2020-2021 school year
Then, when you fill out your tax return for 2020 (or 2021 depending on the year you donated), you will use the information provided by Totem to your email account entitled "Confirmation and Tax Receipt" as your Tax Letter.
2. If you donated by check in person or via our paper form and turned your check into the Hyde PTSA Mailbox in the school office
Then, when you fill out your tax return, you will use the Hyde Middle School PTSA (Tax ID 94-6184049) as the nonprofit you contributed to.
3. For any Corporate Matching Programs you apply for with your employer
You will not need to indicate the corporate match portion on your tax returns, but you will fill out your application at your company to benefit:
Hyde PTSA, a Parent, Teacher, and Student Association, is part of a nationwide parent organization that encourages parents, teachers, and students to work together to provide a healthy, happy and enriched learning environment for all children. It supports the funding of educational programs, clubs, activities, equipment purchases, events and technology that enhance the educational experience of our children and strengthen the Hyde community.
Hyde PTSA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Tax ID 94-6184049
PTA California Congress of Parents, Teachers and Students - Warren E. Hyde Middle School
(also known as Hyde Middle School PTSA)
19325 Bollinger Road
Cupertino, CA 95014